SSL negotiation failed: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
Nayna Jain
2014-04-21 09:20:02 UTC

I have seen this error many times for different reasons. Am not able to
make meaning out of this error

SSL negotiation failed: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

Can someone help me to understand what this error means ? And for what
reason negotiation might have failed.

On google, i couldn't get much information.

Since the error seems to be too much code level, sending it to openssl dev
group also, along with openssl users group.

Thanks & Regards,
Nayna Jain

Brad House
2014-04-21 11:13:19 UTC
Post by Nayna Jain
I have seen this error many times for different reasons. Am not able to
make meaning out of this error
SSL negotiation failed: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
It means no SSL error occurred. Typically you'll see this in a server
environment when a client initiates a connection to the server, but
then immediately disconnects, or sends data other than beginning
SSL negotiation.

-Brad
Nayna Jain
2014-04-21 16:04:04 UTC
Thanks for the quick response.

I think sometimes it reaches to the state of certiicates handshake.. not
sure for everytime as it appears randomly.

Was just wondering , is it not possible to make it bit meaningful. I mean
it is shown randomly for different reason. And many times many the first
reason comes is as - it as mismatch issue between server and client SSL
connection either protocol or certificates like that..

Thanks & Regards,
Nayna Jain

Brad House
2014-04-21 16:32:44 UTC